This is great for parties, potlucks and other gatherings where you and your guests want to graze on a great meat and bean mix...either on nachos or served as a main dish.
¾ to 1 lbs. Ground Bison Meat
1 cup Chopped Onions
1 cup Drippin’ Sauce Hot Chipotle Ketchup (Or Special Reserve for a tad more kick)
1/3 cup Water
1 Tbs Ground Cumin
2 tsp Sugar
1/8 tsp Salt
1-15oz can Kidney beans rinsed and drained
2 cups Shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
½ cup Chopped Onions (for topping if desired)
Splash Red Wine (a burgundy would be great) to taste
- Cook bison in large non-stick pan over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add chopped onions and cook until they begin to appear transparent
- Stir in Drippin’ Sauce Ketchup, water, cumin, sugar, salt and beans, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer until mixture thickens (about 5 mins).
- Remove from heat
- Put the meat mixture into a 9x9 baking pan
- Sprinkle with cheese (sprinkle chopped onions on top if desired.)
- Place under broiler until cheese browns slightly (approximately 5-7 minutes).