You'll love this...
It is fast (faster than making a meatloaf in a loaf pan).
It is tasty, especially with the glaze made from Drippin' Sauce Ketchup
It is beautiful, looks like a cupcake, with mashed potatoes for the "icing" and a few garnishes on top.
We like to serve it on a bed of Baked Kale Chips (recipe borrowed from thekitchn.com) for an easy to make, attractive and wonderful meal...great for parties, too.
Ingredients (4 servings)For the Glaze
- 3/4 cup Drippin' Sauce Ketchup, either Mild Chipotle or Hot Chipotle (we like it best when we mix an equal amount of both)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons onion, diced finely
- 3 tablespoons green pepper, diced finely
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
For the Topping
- 1 1/2 pound Mashed Potatoes (we use the prepared ones that you can warm in the microwave)
- 2 or more cups of Shreaded Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- Chopped Chives (optional)
- Bacon Bits (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix all glaze ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix all loaf ingredients together and...
- Separate into balls inserted firmly into a greased cupcake pan so that the top of the meat mixture is about a a 1/4" below the top (leaving room for the glaze)
- Pour glaze over each "cupcake" to top of tin.
- Bake at 350° for 20-30 mins or until sauce is bubbly and middle of meatloaf is cooked through.
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a "piping bag" (pastry bag) with a large tip, pipe the warmed mashed potatoes onto the top of each "cupcake" to look like icing. (If you do not have a piping bag, dollop the potatoes on with a spoon and "swirl" with a knife of spatula.)
- Sprinkle a little grated cheddar, chives and bacon bits on top as garnishes.